Q. How do I update the digital signage at Scotch? [ILT]
This is set up on the PC next to the Circulation desk.
Note that all content for playlists must be copied to the relevant folder or BrightAuthor will not 'see' it.
Still images should be 1920 x 1080, there is no point in making them any bigger.
EXAMPLE: I want to add something to the Senior School 'Library' playlist.
- Open the Digital Signage folder on the desktop and you will see sub-folders labelled Content, Playlists and Presentations.
- Double-click on Content - this leads to the library where your files are stored.
- Choose Senior / 1. Current / Library Playlist.
You should now be here:
- Now drag any content files in here. Most files are okay, but it doesn't like .m4v files, which can simply be renamed with a .mp4 extension.
PART 1 complete! Your content is ready to be added to a playlist.
- Open BrightAuthor from the PC desktop.
- The Create tab allows you to edit playlists. With the Create tab selected, you can browse to find a playlist or open a recently edited list from the File menu.
*Make sure the media library (left-hand column) you are using matches the playlist you are editing.
- Drag and drop files from the media library into the desired position in the playlist.
- Click the button on the upper right labelled Upload to Network and click Yes on this box.
- When the upload is complete, click OK on the following dialogue box.
Congratulations! Your edited playlist is now on the network. Note it may take a couple of minutes for the system to update and start showing the new playlist.