How do I set up my Scotch email on my android phone/tablet?
Before you set up your Scotch email on your Android device, be aware that the Scotch email server requires access to control certain Security Features of your device. While this may look and sound a little severe, these measures are necessary to protect your privacy. If you would rather not consent to these conditions, you may wish to reconsider setting up your email on your Android device.
- To begin, Open your Email application.
- Enter your full Email Address and Password, then click Next.
- For account type, select Microsoft Exchange.
- You will need to enter your Username (your Scotch User ID) preceded by the Domain (for example scotch\123456) and the Server (webmail.scotch.wa.edu.au).
- A dialog box will pop up about the server controlling some security features. Hit OK if you wish to continue.
- You can now set some options, including whether to synchronise your email with your Contacts and Calendar. If you're unsure, the default options will be fine. Hit Next to continue.
- To complete the setup process, you will need to Activate the email server as a Device Administrator.
- You can give the account a Name if you wish. Once you have done this, you should now have access to your Scotch email.
For more information regarding Android Email Connection click HERE.