Q. How do I control the A/V for the Art Gallery in the JML at Scotch? [ILT]
To access the iPad you will need an Electronic Key to unlock the Comms Services cupboard below the JML in the Gallery. There is an iPad in this cupboard which controls the A/V in the gallery. There are two modes available on the iPad:
- Presentation, which is used, obviously, when there is a presentation. This mode allows greater control of video, sound and light functions.
- Gallery, which is used for constant playback of video and audio. This mode is more automatic but also has some controlled features.
- Enter the Presentation Mode of the iPad upon start up. To do this simply tap Presentation.
- This will open up another window that will give you options for controlling the video, audio, and lights. Whilst the "Computer" tab is open in the top left corner, you will be able to select which devices you want playing on the projectors. If you choose Room PC 1 then the top laptop will play, and alternatively if you choose Room PC 2 then the bottom laptop will play.
- The laptops are located in the pull out trays, in the cabinet. They run automatically and will repeat themselves until the system is shut down.
- To control the audio you need to be in Presentation Mode on the iPad. Go to this screen. On the right side there are volume settings that can lower, increase, and mute the volume of the video being played on the projectors. To change the volume tap either Volume +, Volume -, or Volume X.
- Alternatively, if there is a speaker, you may need a microphone. There are two microphones available in the Gallery, and both connect automatically. There is a standing mic, shown below, that simply needs to be turned on at the bottom, (ensure that it has batteries that are charged).
- Also there is a lapel microphone, which is more portable, that can be attached to a speakers shirt and put in their top pocket. To turn it on you will need to turn the Switch located, shown below.
- To change to volume of the mic you will need to tap on the microphone tab on the iPad Presentation Mode screen.
- You can then increase or lower the sound using the Volume +, or Volume -.
- To control the lights go into the Lights tab in Presentation Mode and either turn on the lights or turn them off. Also in this window you can turn the projector screens on and off.
BE AWARE THAT THE LIGHTS TAKE SOME 5 MINUTES TO WARM UP SO PLEASE DON'T TURN THEM ON/OFF REPEATEDLY.
- To Enter Gallery mode tap Gallery on start up.
- This will open another window which will allow you to individually control both the left and right projectors, including sound. To choose which projector you wish to control tap the controls located underneath either Display Left, or Display Right. To turn on the display for either projector, tap Power On. To increase, lower or mute the sound of either projector tap volume +, -, or X.
- To control the lights it is much the same as with Presentation Mode, simply tap the lights tab on the right side. This window will appear, from here you can either turn on the lights or turn them off. Also in this window you can turn the projector screens on and off.
- Whilst in Gallery Mode the video's sound will be activated via motion sensors located on the roof, shown below. To use sound just move near the motion sensor and the sound will begin to play, (the green light will be on if movement has been sensed)
- In Gallery Mode, there can be two separate videos playing on the projectors, (thus why you can edit the sound of either projector individually), as indicated above.
To shut the iPad down, simply tap the System Off button on the top right corner of the screen. This will automatically close the projectors and turn the speakers off. A secondary window will appear. Just click Confirm and the shut down process will start.
REMEMBER TO RETURN ALL ITEMS TO THEIR RESPECTIVE PLACES AND ENSURE THE IPAD IS CHARGING BEFORE SHUTTING THE DOORS. NOTE: THE IPAD SLIDES INTO IT'S CASE; DO NOT TRY TO FORCE IT IN.