Q. How do I borrow a book from the PLC Library if I am a student at Scotch?
If you would like to borrow a book that is at the PLC Library but isn't available at Scotch, you may request an Inter-Library Loan (ILL). There are a few easy steps to take when doing so:
- Check that the book you want to borrow is not available from Scotch Library.
- If you are unable to find the book, ask for help at the Library desk.
- OR you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
- Inside the email, please state the following:
- Title and Author of the book.
- Your name and student number.
- Request an Inter- Library Loan from PLC's library to Scotch's.
When you have sent an email to email@example.com, the Inter-Library Loan will be created. One of the librarians will get the book transferred from the PLC Library to the Scotch Library and you will receive an email to let you know when the book is available. If the book is out on loan when you make your request, Library staff will attempt to get the book for you as soon as possible.