Q. How do I use the West Australian Digital Archive at Scotch?
Answered By: Liam Warner Last Updated: Feb 01, 2019 Views: 164
To use the West Australian Digital Archive, you will need to go to the Databases tab in the Scotch Senior Library Website.
- Go to home.SCOTCH, and click Library under the ALL tab.
- A window will appear asking which Library you would like to access. Select Senior.
- Once you are on the Senior Library page, click on the Databases tab.
- You should see a page listing all available library resources. Scroll down until you reach the West Australian icon.
- Click West Australian Digital Archive to open it by clicking on it. This database houses all West Australian Newspapers including the most current issue.
- You will be required to Sign In using your UID and Password.
- From this screen, you will be able to narrow your search parameters by Year, Month and Day. You can also click Search near the top right corner, which you can use to search for keywords or phrases.
- When you find your selection, simply Click on the Image of the newspaper that you wish to view.
- Once you have opened your Newspaper, scroll left and right by clicking the left and right Arrows. To Zoom In, click on any article or image. For more options, Double Click on an article or image.
- Once you have Double Clicked on single image or article you will have the option to either Add to Your Collection, Print, E-Mail, share via Facebook or Twitter, or Link to Article. Alternatively, you can also view it in Text View which allows you to Copy+Paste the text from an article.
- If however, you wish to have these same options for a full page, move your mouse to the top of the webpage; a blue window will appear, shown below. From here you can Add to Your Collection, Print, E-Mail, and share via Facebook or Twitter.