How do I print at Scotch on my Mac?
At Scotch you are able to easily set up your Mac to enable it to print while at the College. To do this it is important that, while you are on site, navigate once to Self Service and install the PLCScotch Black and Colour printer package. Once this is completed you can retrieve your printing from any of the shared printers at Scotch or at PLC.
Please see below for detailed instruction along with a video on how you retrieve your printing.
- Open Self Service and log in using your UID.
- Select Printers on the right hand menu and install the PLCScotch Black and Colour option. This will then install the package onto your computer. (It should take no more than 30 seconds).
- Once the package has successfully Installed, Open the Document you wish to print.
- Select File > Print.
- From the Printer menu select either PLCScotch Black or PLCScotch Colour depending on your requirements.
- Press Print once you have made your selection.
- If you are a student please skip to step 10 of this FAQ.
If you are a staff member and only work within one department then please skip to step 10 of this FAQ.
If the pop up window is presented below you will be required you to Select the Account to which the printing is being attributed.
- In this instance, the ILT group will be used as an example.
- Once your Account Settings are Selected, Press Print.
- At the printer sign in using your UID or alternatively scan your Staff Card or Student SmartRider.
- Once you have signed in, Select the Document you wish to Print by Clicking on it.
- Select Print.
- To Log Out of the machine, either select log out in the Top Right Hand corner, or tap your card on the reader again.