How do I change my desktop background?
There are several ways to change your desktop background that are all simple and straightforward.
Setting Desktop Background from System Preferences
- Firstly, open up System Preferences from the Applications Folder.
- Select, Desktop & Screen Saver.
- From this window you can simply click on any preset background that you desire and your desktop background will change accordingly.
- If you would like to add your custom wallpaper, click the + symbol at the bottom left of the window.
- Navigate to your image file of choice and select Choose.
- You have now successfully changed your desktop background.
Setting Desktop Background from an image file
- Navigate to your selected image file that is either Online or Downloaded.
- If the image is Online; Right Click and select Use Image as Desktop Picture.
- If the image is on your computer; Right Click and select Set Desktop Picture.
Things to know when choosing an image for your Desktop Background
- When downloading an online image to use for your Desktop Wallpaper, be aware of Resolution.
- You must make sure that the Resolution of the image Matches or is Larger than the native resolution of your screen. This is to ensure that there is no degradation in the quality of the image when it is set to your desktop background.
- To check your Mac's native resolution:
- Click the Apple Logo at the top left corner of the taskbar and select About this Mac.
- Now select Displays.
- The Resolution is listed in brackets eg. (1920x1080).
- In this example, only images that are at least 1920 x 1080 pixels should be used.