Q. How do I use Self Control?
Self Control is an app that lets you block access to distracting websites, your mail servers, or anything else on the Internet. During this period you will be unable to access those sites, even if you restart your computer or delete the application.
- Go to Self Service and download the Self Control application.
- Once you open Self Control , a small window will appear. This will allow you to choose how long you want the block to last, and Start (which will commence your block). You can also Edit Blacklist. This allows you to control of what is being blocked.
- After selecting Edit Blacklist, a window will open giving you the ability to enter in websites you find particularly distracting. Websites such as Facebook, Tumblr etc. can be entered at the top of the window. Select the + button to add more websites.
- Alternatively, by selecting Import, you can automatically have Self Control enter in a list of websites that are commonly distracting, shown below.
- Once you have selected your chosen blocked websites, you may select Start and begin Self Control .