Q. How do I add a subtitle track to a Library YouTube video at Scotch? [ILT]
Many YouTube videos on the Scotch Libraries page will have accompanying Subtitle Tracks. Usually you are given these in the form of a .stl or other subtitle track format. These can be added to the video through the YouTube Creator Studio.
NB – the video must already be uploaded to YouTube . If you need to do this please follow this guide first: https://ask.plcscotch.wa.edu.au/ilt/faq/91901.
- Go to YouTube.com and Sign In
- Click on the Account Icon and then Select Creator Studio.
- Select Video Manager.
- Press the Arrow under the video you wish to edit & select Subtitles & CC.
- Click Add New Subtitles or CC. Select a Language.
- Press Upload a File.
- Change the File Type to Subtitle Track, press Choose File and select the subtitle file from your computer. Press Upload.
- Review the video with its subtitles, and press Publish if you are happy with it.