Q. How can I change my notification settings?
Unfortunately, you cannot monitor Outlook's Notifications through either of the above methods. To change the Notification Settings in Outlook please see the following FAQ: How do I hide new email notifications in Outlook?
Managing Notifications through Finder
You can enable do not disturb through this Notifications menu. This feature is automatically enabled whenever you connect your computer to a projector, however you may wish to use it under other conditions.
To turn on Do No Disturb:
- Click on the Notifications Button in the Finder menu.
- Click on the Notifications tab.
- Scroll up and ensure that the button next to Do Not Disturb is switched to On. If it displays as saying Off, click it once to turn it On.
Managing Notifications through System Preferences
The Notification Settings in Finder can be fine tuned to your own personal preferences. You can select if you would like to be notified with banners, alerts, or you can turn them off completely.
To change your Notification Settings:
- Open System Preferences and click on Notifications.
- Your Do Not Disturb options are on the top of the list. You can alter them here.
- On the Left Hand Side of the window you can scroll through all of the applications with notification settings. (Unfortunately Outlook is not controlled through this pane, to see instructions on hide new email notifications click here.)
- Once you click on an Application (Calendarfor example), you can Change the Notification Settings to your own Personal Preference.