How do I update my Casio Classpad?
There is an update available for your Casio Classpad (2.01.2), which contains many fixes and updates.
To receive the update:
- Download the updater on to your computer, available here.
- Alternatively, you can download the ClassPad II OS Update from Self Service .
- Open ClassPad II OS Update but do not continue any further.
- On the Classpad Home Screen, navigate to the Communication panel (located on the second page, unless it has been moved).
- Tap on the Setup menu then Open Setup Menu.
- Ensure the Cable Type is set to USB Cable and Not 3pin Cable, then tap Set.
- Plug the Classpad into the laptop using a USB Mini to USB cable. If a message appears about selecting a Connection Mode on the Classpad, tap USB Flash.
- Tap on the Link menu then OS Update.
- Tap OK to start the update
- Return to ClassPad II OS Update and click OK to begin the update.
- The update will take around 5-7 min to complete.
If the Update Fails, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- If the update fails, you will be stuck on the screen shown below - the Classpad will Freeze on the update screen. Unplug the Classpad and press the Power button, it should turn off. You will have to go through the Initial Setup; tap the crosses in the center to Initialise the screen and leave all other values as their Defaults.
- Try Unplugging the Classpad from the computer and trying again, except this time Wait 30s after plugging the calculator in in step 5.
- Check to see if the USB Cable supports Data Transfer, not just power (Data is usually thicker/higher quality). If in doubt, try another cable.
- If it Fails Again, try the update on a different machine.
If the Classpad breaks during the update and will not turn on, or displays the following imagine (shown below in step 1), perform the following steps to Recover the device;
- Ensure the Classpad is on this screen shown below
- If the Classpad will not turn on and display the screen shown above, press and hold the Reset Button for 5 Seconds and the Classpad should display the OS Error screen.
- Now plug the Classpad into the computer and Perform the Update, this should recover the device as well as update it.