Q. How do I fix Preview when it keeps crashing? [ILT]
A recent issue that keeps reoccurring, especially at Scotch, is that boys cannot open Preview as it crashes immediately. We have found a solution, however are currently only making it accessible to ILT and 1 Degree as we don't want boys deleting the wrong file.
To fix this issue:
- Access Library from Go. You will need to hold down Option to make it appear.
- Select the Containers folder and Delete:
- Select the Group Containers folder and Delete:
- Select the Preferences folder and Delete:
* The folder is not shown in this image, however this is the folder where they should be located if you are having difficulty opening Preview .
- Empty the Trash.
- Restart the Computer and try opening Preview again.