Q. What do I need to remember when loaning a laptop in JML at Scotch? [ILT]
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Jan 23, 2020 Views: 39
When loaning laptops out, please fill out this form to ensure all the following steps are being completed. It is recommended that you bookmark this form for quick access.
- Create a WHD Ticket detailing why the laptop is being loaned. This is often the same ticket as a software/hardware problem that the student has. (https://ask.plcscotch.wa.edu.au/ilt/faq/93111).
- Add the Loan Laptop as an Asset in the Asset Info tab of the ticket.
- Assign the Loan to the student.
- Include that a laptop was loaned in the details of the ticket.
- Ask the student to Log In.
- Ensure that the laptop is working and connected to PLCScotch.
- Ensure that the student has logged in to Webmail (https://ask.scotch.wa.edu.au/faq/79815).
- Restore any files they need from Crashplan (https://ask.plcscotch.wa.edu.au/faq/96070).
- Ensure that a Case is given out with the loan laptop, and that you make a note of this.