Q. Why is my 7D camera not appearing on the desktop?
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Jan 31, 2019 Views: 21
The 7D cameras will never mount on the desktop, so you will need to use an application such as Image Capture , Photos or iMovie to extract the footage.
- To export the footage, make sure that the camera is Turned On and set to View Images. You will also need to Connect the camera to the computer using a Micro USB data cable.
- Normally, after you connect the camera, Photos will open Automatically. To Import using Photos , select the images/videos you would like to Download and click Import Selected. If you wish to download Everything, click Import All.
- If you wish to save the photos/videos to a Specific File, you may wish to use Image Capture . Begin by opening Image Capture .
- You will then need to select the correct Device from the list in the Left Hand Corner.
- Select Where you would like the images to be Saved by clicking on the Drop Down Menu at the bottom of the window.
- Highlight the images/video you wish to Import, or you can select Import All. Click the respective button.
- Your media will now download to your chosen location, and when the file has been copied across, a green tick will appear next to the media item.