Q. What do I do if my eTextbook in Pearson Places isn't opening?
Answered By: Alex Kazakov Last Updated: Jan 31, 2019 Views: 2698
If you cannot open an eTextbook in Pearson Places while using Safari or Google Chrome you may see the Error Message pictured below:
To fix this error, follow the steps below for the browser you're using:
- Open Safari's Preferences through the Menu Bar.
- Navigate to the Security tab.
- Hit the Plug-in Settings button at the bottom of the window.
- Ensure that Adobe Flash Player is selected in the left panel. Change the drop-down menu option to Allow, and click Done.
- Refresh the page, and your textbook will appear.
- Open Chrome's Preferences through the Menu Bar.
- At the bottom of the screen, click + Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section, and click Content settings...
- Scroll down to the Flash settings, and click Manage exceptions...
- Navigate back to the earlier browser tab, and Copy the Web Address by highlighting the text and pressing Command + C on the keyboard.
- Add the address as an Exception by Pasting it into the appropriate field, and click Finished when you're done.
- Click the Finished button at the bottom of the Content Settings window.
- Navigate back to the earlier tab again, and Refresh the webpage.
- Your textbook will now load normally.