What applications can I use to block or filter internet sites?
There are many applications available that can block or filter your access to certain websites.
Listed below are some of the free or paid applications available.
- SelfControl is free and open-source application for Mac that allows you to block your own access to distracting websites or mail servers, and is available for download through Self-Service . For more information please click here.
- K9 Web Protection is a free internet filter and parental control software for your computer. K9 puts you in control of the internet so you can protect your kids. For more information please click here.
- Open DNS provides a free pre-configured Domain Name Server (DNS) which can be used to block and filter your internet at home. A step by step guide on how to configure this can be found here.
- Disney Circle allows you to set time limits for apps and websites and set age appropriate filters that apply to devices. For more information please click here.
- Family Zone delivers safe content, restricts social media and manage screen time routines. For more information please click here.
- Net Nanny is an internet filter which monitors social media, masks profanity, controls web based time allocation and blocks explicit images and videos. For more information please click here.