Q. What applications can I use to block or filter internet sites?
Answered By: Doug De Kock Last Updated: Dec 10, 2019 Views: 191
There are many applications available that can block or filter your access to certain websites.
Listed below are some of the free or paid applications available.
- SelfControl is free and open-source application for Mac that allows you to block your own access to distracting websites or mail servers, and is available for download through Self-Service . For more information please click here.
- Open DNS provides a free pre-configured Domain Name Server (DNS) which can be used to block and filter your internet at home. A step by step guide on how to configure this can be found here.
- Disney Circle allows you to set time limits for apps and websites and set age appropriate filters that apply to devices. For more information please click here.
- Family Zone delivers safe content, restricts social media and manage screen time routines. For more information please click here.
- Net Nanny is an internet filter which monitors social media, masks profanity, controls web based time allocation and blocks explicit images and videos. For more information please click here.