How do I download and install Google Chrome for my MacBook?
This guide is to show how to download and install Chrome as the new browser. It is meant for MacBook users who are currently using Safari web browser.
- Launch the Safari web browser.
- Click here, or type Google Chrome into your Safari to open to the Google Chrome website.
- Click the Download Chrome button from the Chrome download site. A window will pop up.
- Click Accept and Install.
- Wait for the browser download to finish. This is shown by the Download icon with a progress bar.
- Open the Download folder.
- Select the googlechrome.dmg file.
- Drag the Google Chrome logo into the application folder in the window that appears, then, once Google Chrome has been copied across, double click the Google Chrome icon .
- Click the Open button.
- The Chrome browser is now installed. Add the application to your dock for easy future use.