What do I do if I am unable to open Desktop and Screensaver through System Preferences?
This guide will help you remove old preferences which may be stopping you from opening Desktop and Screensavers through preferences.
- Close all open windows and apps.
- Go to the System Library by selecting Finder , clicking on Go while holding the Option Key and then click on the Library tab.
- Open the Application Support folder.
- Open the Dock folder
- Select desktoppicture.db and drag the folder to Trash.
- Restart your laptop and you should now be able to open Desktop and Screensaver through System Preferences.
If the problem persists, please bring you laptop in to 1 Degree and a coach will be happy to assist you.