Q. How do I create a cover/image gallery on a Scotch library home page? [ILT]
Answered By: Kate Flowers Last Updated: Jan 23, 2020 Views: 12
To create an image gallery on the Scotch library home pages:
- Open LibApps
- Click on 'library.SCOTCH'
- Click on 'Content' and select 'Guides'
- Book must first be added to an existing LibGuide in order to show up:
- Search guides for 'Mapped Books' and select it
- Find a relevant box and click 'Add' and select 'Book From Catalog'
- Paste in ISBN and click 'Get Book Info'
- Add/edit book details if necessary
- Click 'Save'
- Click back on 'Content' and select 'Guides'
- In the 'Name' field, search for 'Senior', 'Middle' or 'Junior' and click on the relevant home page
- Scroll down the left and click on 'Add Box'
- Type in the name of the box (ie. May Magazines, New Books, etc.)
- Select 'Gallery' from the drop-down 'Type' box
- Select the position for the box to display in
- Click the cog on the top-right of the box to 'Add/Edit Panes'
- Click 'Add New Slide'
- Select 'Image' for a magazine, 'Book' or 'LibGuide'
- For a book, type in the title of a book you entered on the Books page, locate the book and click 'Add'. Once the book is added to the list, click on the edit button next to it and remove the slide title and slide details. Add 'Image Alt Text' for visually impaired people (title/author). Click 'Save'.
- For a print magazine, copy the cover image location and paste it into the 'Slide Image URL' field. Add 'Image Alt Text' for visually impaired people (title/volume/issue). Click 'Save'.
- For a digital magazine, open the magazine in Press Reader and take a screenshot of the latest cover. Edit the image so it is 600x845 in size. In the Libguide, for the 'Slide Image URL' field click on 'Open Image Manager', upload your cover, and click the 'Reuse This Image' button under the cover when it appears in the uploaded section. Paste the magazine's URL from Press Reader into the 'Link URL' field. Add 'Image Alt Text' for visually impaired people (title). Click 'Save'.
- For a LibGuide, type in the name of the guide you want to feature, click 'Add'. Once the LibGuide is added to the list, click on the edit button next to it and remove the slide title and slide details. Add 'Image Alt Text' for visually impaired people (title). Click 'Save'.
- You can change the order of the covers/images by clicking and dragging on the arrow to the left of the cover/image
- Under 'Gallery Settings', apply the following:
- Automatically Play - On
- Slide speed - 3000
- Transition Type - Slide
- Transition Speed - 300
- Show Dots - On
- Max Image Height - 100%
- Number of Rows - 1
- Slides per row - 6 for books and magazines, 5 for LibGuides
- Slides to show - 6 for books and magazines, 5 for LibGuides
- Slides to scroll - 1
- Caption position - None
- Click 'Save and Return to Guide' to view the box you've created