Q. How do I edit basic text in WordPress? [Scotch Staff]
Answered By: Liam Warner Last Updated: Jan 24, 2020 Views: 12
WordPress provides powerful tools to enable changes to be made to websites with relative ease.
To edit basic text in WordPress, use the following steps:
- Scroll to the bottom of the forward-facing website that you wish to edit, and press Dashboard.
- Sign In to your WordPress website.
- On the Side Bar, Click on Pages, then All Pages, to bring up a list of all pages on the website.
- Each item in the highlighted table corresponds to a Page on the WordPress website. Click on the relevant link to the page that you wish to edit, in this case Academic Support.
- Each box on the page corresponds to a part of the website, indicated by the numbers. Included is an example for illustrative purposes, your page will look different as you will be editing different content.
- Mouse Over the section of text you wish to edit, a green bar will appear, Click on the Edit Icon.
- A Popup will appear, make all of your desired changes in this window. Once you are happy with your changes, click Save Changes.
- None of your changes will be made Public until you Click Update. You can Preview your changes to see how they will appear on your website by Clicking on the Preview button. Be sure to press Update when you are done.