How do I set up Office 365?
Office 365 is a platform that allows you to use online versions of Microsoft Word , Excel , OneNote , and the rest of the Office suite. Office 365 allows you to access your documents from anywhere, share documents, and collaborate with others. To access Office 365, follow the steps below.
- Open your web browser and navigate to home.SCOTCH or home.PLC.
- Using the Search Bar at the top of the page, search for "Office 365". As you type, the results will narrow down to match your search. Click the Office 365 tile.
- You may need to Log In using your User ID (UID) and Password.
- You should now be logged in to Office 365.
- When you are through to the Office 365 homepage, YOU MUST click on the OneDrive application before you start using any other Office 365 application. If you do not connect to OneDrive first, the other applications will not work properly.
- Once you have accessed the OneDrive homepage, you can then click on Office 365 in the top left-hand corner of the browser screen to return to the Office 365 homepage.
- As you have now accessed OneDrive to set up Office 365, you will not need to complete this process every time you access Office 365. (Simply follow Steps 1 to 4)
Please note: If you currently have Office 2013 or earlier, you will need to download Office 2016. Office 365 will not work properly with versions prior to Office 2013.
If you need to know how to download Office 2016, instructions can be found here.