Q. How do I create a Turnitin submission link for my class? [Scotch Staff]
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Jan 24, 2020 Views: 43
Turnitin allows you to set up a submission dropbox for students that will check all submissions for plagiarism. Simply follow this process to set one up.
- Ensure that you have an Active Turnitin Account. If you need an account to be created for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for one to be created for you.
- Log in to Turnitin .
- Create a Class by pressing the green Add Class button.
NB – if you are adding a second assessment to the same class you can skip to step 6.
- Set the Following and press Submit.
Class Type - Standard
Class Name – e.g. 8ENG4
Enrolment Password – something simple to give to students
Subject Area – select from drop down list
Student Age – approximate age of students in your class
End date – End of Winter Term for SS, end of Spring Term for MS
- You will be provided with a Class ID and Enrollment key. Take a note of these as your students will need them to enroll in your class.
- Click on Your Class in the list of classes.
- Press the green Add Assignment button.
- Enter the assignment Title, Start Date, and Due Date. Be sure to set the assignment to only accept file types that Turnitin can Check for Originality.
- Click on Optional Settings.
- Set the following Optional Settings and press Submit.
Allow submissions after due date: Yes
Generate originality reports for sumissions: Yes
Generate reports: Immediately (can overwrite reports until due date)
Exclude bibliographic materials from similarity index: Yes
Exclude quoted materials from similarity index: No
Exclude small sources: Yes
Exclusion threshold: 3%
Allow students to see originality reports: Yes
Submits papers to: Standard Paper Repository
Search options: Select All
- Your assignment will now be Visible to students for submission when they log into Turnitin .