Q. How do I change the spool in the UPbox 3D printer? [ILT]
Answered By: Doug De Kock Last Updated: Jan 23, 2020 Views: 8
To successfully replace the spool in the UPbox 3D printer complete the following steps:
- Connect the UPbox 3D Printer and the computer you wish to use by inserting the connecting USB cord.
- On your computer, open the application UPStudio .
- Within UPStudio select UP.
- Select Initialise Printer.
- Wait for the printer to beep indicating that the initialisation is complete.
- To remove any remaining filament select the Maintenance Button and from the drop-down menu and select Withdraw, then Remove any remaining filament from the Printing Head.
- On the right hand side of the printer, remove the original spool and replace it with another spool.
- Using the fresh spool, free the end of the filament and thread it into the adjacent hole. In doing this, ensure that you keep the filament tightly coiled.
- Continue threading filament into the hole and stop threading when the end passes through the end of the filament housing in the printer.
- Press Extrude in the maintenance window. This will cause the printer to start feeding through the filament. Wait until the filament colour changes from the original colour into the newly replaced colour.
- Once the new filament colour begins appearing press Stop.
- The 3D printer is now ready to print.