Q. How do I request a guest speaker for Scotch library classes? [ILT]
Visiting guest speakers may be booked for the school, however, they must be relevant to the curriculum and/or library programme and work with specific classes/year groups. We should also ensure that the guest speaker's presentation addresses the topics or questions that the departments involved require (ie. author discusses character development to assist English students with creative writing).
Applications must be submitted to the Dean of Information and Learning Technology at least two weeks prior to the guest speaker's proposed visit.
- Complete the relevant application form (enter 'N/A' in fields if necessary) and the requirements within:
- Await confirmation from the Dean of Information and Learning Technology
- Confirm booking with guest speaker/agent
- Will book purchases be available at the event and how will they be managed?
- Ensure the library has copies of the guest speaker's books available for students to borrow
- Arrange guest speaker promotion/preparation with attending classes
- Inform all library staff of the visit and it's details