Q. How do I delete GoPro footage from a GoPro 3 or a GoPro 4?
In order to delete footage from a GoPro 3 or a GoPro 4, you must have a Micro SD Adapter (pictured below).
Please ensure that you have transferred the footage to your laptop before deleting any footage. If you require assistance with this, please consult this FAQ.
To delete footage from a GoPro 3 or a GoPro 4, please follow these steps:
- Remove the Micro SD Card from the GoPro and place it into the Micro SD Adapter.
- Plug the Adapter into the SD Card Slot, located on the right-hand edge of your laptop.
- The Micro SD will now appear on your desktop.
- Using Spotlight Search (activated by clicking on the magnifying glass in top right corner of your screen or alternatively by pressing Command + Space), search for and open Disk Utility.
- Find and select your Micro SD Card in the left hand column.
- Click Erase.
- Set the format to MS-DOS (FAT) and then click Erase.
- Once it has finished erasing, select Done.
If you have any issues, please contact the Tech Centre.