How do I stop autoplaying videos in OneNote?
If you're using the desktop version of OneNote videos will not auto-play by default and you do not need to worry about making any changes. This tutorial is only relevant for those using OneNote Online (through a browser, such as Google Chrome or Safari ).
For Google Chrome
- Navigate to chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy
- Select Autoplay Policy and from the drop down box, select Document user activation is required from the drop-box selection.
- A bar will appear at the bottom of the page prompting you to relaunch the browser in order to save the changes.
- When you reopen Chrome videos will no longer auto-play when using OneNote .
- Open Preferences on Safari.
- Click on the Website tab in the top row. Then select Auto-Play in the left column. In the bottom right corner select Stop Media with Sound from the drop-box selections.
- Once you have done this, restart Safari and videos will no longer auto-play by default when using OneNote online.