Q. How do I use the Silhouette Cutter at Scotch?
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Jan 24, 2020 Views: 1
The Silhouette Cutter is the ultimate DIY machine. It uses a precision blade to cut material to your specified dimensions.
To use it:
- Download the Silhouette Studio Software. You will need to use this link.
- Select the most current version for Mac.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the software, connect your laptop to the machine using the USB Cable.
- To set up your Workspace, you will need to ensure that the Cutting Mat is set to CAMEO (12 x 12), and that the Paper Size is correct (usually A4). The blade depth is automatically set, so you do not need to worry about changing that.
- You can either Design something to cut, or go to the Store tab to purchase a premade design.
- Should you select the latter, you will need to click on the Store tab, and ensure that you are signed in using the Library Account.
- Once you have selected your design, arrange it on the software. At the same time, attach the paper to the cutting mat in the orientation indicated on the screen. You will need to make sure that the Black Arrow is at the top of the page, as it is that end that needs to be inserted first.
- Once you have attached your paper, line the cutting mat up to the White Edges of the Silhouette Cutter. Select Load from the menu on the Right. It should take in the cutting mat and paper.
- On your computer, select File > Send to Silhouette and your design will start cutting.
- Once complete, select Unload from the menu on the Right and the machine will release the cutting board, enabling you to remove the paper easily.