How can I change folder icons on my Mac?
To change the folder icon on your Mac to an image of your choosing there is a simple series of steps that you can follow.
- Open your Web Browser and perform an image search in Google for an image that you would like to use.
Note - if you already have a saved image that you would like to use, please skip to step four.
- Click on the Image you would like to use.
- Right-Click the image. From the dropdown menu select Save Image to Downloads or Save Image As and save the image to an accessible place on your computer.
- Open your Downloaded Image in Preview by Right-Clicking your image, then selecting Open With and then selecting Preview .
- In Preview , select Edit and then select Select All.
- In Preview , select Edit and then select Copy.
- Right-Click the folder icon you would like to change and select Get Info.
- Click the Folder Icon and then select Edit and Paste.
- Your image should become the new folder icon. Your folders will now be extra stylish.