Q. What is the Exam Procedure for IB Diploma Courses? [Scotch Staff]
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Jan 24, 2020 Views: 82
Considerations when writing Year 11 and 12 DP Examinations
- Format the paper in accordance with current IBDP examination papers. The weighting of content should match the Subject Guides and no content outside the bounds of the syllabus should be examined.
- All examination papers should be a blend of past DP examination papers. Ideally, teachers should endeavour to collaborate with Scotch and/or PLC colleagues and write a fresh paper.
- All candidates are to write answers on the question paper (Structured paper) or in an answer booklet (Unstructured paper).
- Prepare a front cover page that conforms to the relevant Diploma Examination that includes a Scotch Crest. You may copy the College’s crest from the top of this sheet.
- Mark any blank page with the words THIS PAGE HAS BEEN LEFT BLANK INTENTIONALLY.
- All pages should be correctly numbered, by using footers. Mark the bottom of the last page with the words END OF PAPER. Each question should give the mark allocation and/or the breakdown of marks where appropriate.
Procedure Prior to the Commencement of the Examination Period
- Ask a subject specialist to proof-read the paper after typing and prior to submitting it to Reprographics. Colleagues should be given at least two weeks to proof papers.
- Curriculum Leader is to be given the examination two weeks prior to the exam submission date, for approval.
- Exam is submitted to Reprographics with cover instructions 14 days prior to the commencement of the exam period, with a class list attached and any additional material.
- The exam must be submitted electronically via email to Reprographics@scotch.wa.edu.au and cover sheet can be emailed or handed in person.
- When the exam proof becomes available, an email is sent to the person overseeing the exam from Reprographics.
- If changes are needed amend the document title with a version and resubmit.
- Once the overseeing person sights the exam and signs the cover sheet again, the final print will go ahead.
- Reprographics takes the exams to the Curriculum Administrators locked cupboard and informs either Petra Turner or Brad Watson that the exam is there.
- Two days prior to the commencement of examinations, the overseeing person sights the final exam, checking that it has been photocopied correctly and the number of exam papers matches the number of students on the class list. They will attach a completed IBDP Invigilator’s Sheet to each paper. A contact phone number is provided.
- Two days prior to the commencement of examinations, person overseeing exam will hand relevant exam papers together with any support materials (e.g. data booklets) and a completed Invigilator’s Instruction Sheet to DP Coordinator who will arrange for exam papers to be couriered across to PLC.
- On the day of the exam, the person whose details were provided is on call should any issues arise.
The Exam Submission Form and the Invigilator's Instruction Sheet can be found in the attached documents.