Q. What do I need to check if my internet is blocked?
There have been some recent changes to Cyberhound , and this may have caused your web to be blocked. There are a few different things to check:
Logged in to School Account
You will need to make sure you are logged into your given Scotch School Account. Non-AD accounts are blocked from most webpages.
- In Finder , located on the left hand side of th menu bar, click on Go, then select Home.
- A username will appear on the top of the new window, and it should be your UID, (i.e. 123456). However, if it is not, there is an unsupported account, and you will need to see the Tech Centre.
Sophos Web Protection is switched off
- Click on the Sophos icon on the right hand side of the menu bar, and select Open Preferences.
- In the new window, select Web Protection.
- Under the General Tab, ensure both bars are set to Off. This may require you to click on the Padlock and enter your UID and Password, before changing any settings.
If you just want to turn off the Cyberhound Notifications, the setting is located in System Preferences.
- Open System Preferences , and click on Notifications.
- Select NBNotifier in the list of applications on the left hand side, and set NBNotifier alert style to None to stop receiving all Cyberhound notifications.
DO NOT DO NOT TRY TO ALTER CYBERHOUND SETTINGS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!
Cyberhound does not tolerate any tampering with the software. If you try to remove it, Cyberhound will lockdown all network traffic on the computer until it is repaired - which requires a visit to the Tech Centre.