How to request a read receipt in Webmail (Outlook Web App)?
Read receipts will provide you with a notification once the recipient has opened your email.
- To set a read receipt using Webmail (Outlook Web App), first log in to the webmail site. This can be navigated to by entering https://owa.plc.wa.edu.au/ into your browser, or by selecting the Webmail tile from home.plc.wa.edu.au.
- Once you have logged into webmail select the New mail option from the top left. A new email will open on the right, at the top of this email select the Ellipsis (...) icon, followed by Show message options... at the bottom of the list.
- A Message options pop-up will appear in the middle of the screen. To request a read receipt check the box to the left of Request a read receipt before clicking OK.
- Delivery receipts, which will be received as a confirmation the email was successfully delivered can also be selected here.
- After completing the above steps continue writing your email as normal. Sending the email will send the request for read receipt along with it.
- Once the email has been read by the recipient, and the Recipient has Accepted to send the receipt you will receive the read receipt as an email.