Q. How do I adopt a back up in Crashplan? [ILT]
When a system is replaced or reimaged, the old laptop's identity must be Adopted so that Crashplan recognises it was the same computer as the old one. If the identity is not adopted the Crashplan account will have duplicate files in multiple identities, which can use up a lot of space on the server.
- Go to the top right and click on the Crashplan icon. Click the down arrow in the bottom right corner and select Open Code42.
- Get the student to Login using their UID and Password.
- Go to the top and select File, then click Replace Device.
- Click Start.
- Choose a device to replace. Ensure you choose the most recent device.
You should select the one with the most recent activity.
- Select the files that you will transfer to the new device. If the student does not need files from Crashplan then you can skip this step.
- Click Continue.
- Once you see this message you should be done. Click Finish.
Please follow this ask.PLCScotch to restore files. Usually you will restore the entire users folder.