Q. What are the start of year procedures for the Scotch libraries? [ILT]
Answered By: Kate Flowers Last Updated: Jan 23, 2020 Views: 3
The start of year procedures for the Scotch libraries' non-teaching staff are outlined below.
- Check rollover of student information in Library Management System (Oliver)
- Have new students appeared?
- Have existing students rolled into their new year groups/classes?
- Are the JML classes correctly named?
- Once all the students are in correctly, print student barcode cards and distribute to the JS classrooms.
- Run student overdue notices
- Amend dates on scheduled reports for current year (Senior Librarian)
- Thoroughly clean library
- Arrange tables, chairs and stools that were packed down over the holiday break
- Review stationery supplies and order replacements
- Email Reprographics for a paper delivery for the photocopier
- Tidy equipment and stationery cupboards
- Check cameras/video cameras/GoPros have data cables, memory cards and lens caps
- Charge camera batteries and wireless headphones
- Enter English/Library class bookings into BookIt (Senior Librarian)
- Create a new iPad sign-in form in Libwizard for Year 12 Private Study (Senior School)
- Update library webpages
- Review unresolved Desk cases
- Review previous year's Lost/Missing items for replacement or weeding
- Weed magazine collection (retain items from current year plus previous year)
- Turn on coffee machine (Senior Library)