How do I download and set up the OneDrive application on to my laptop?
- Go to the Mac App Store and search for OneDrive , alternatively click Here.
- To download OneDrive , select View in Mac App Store.
- In the following pop-up prompt, select Open App Store.
- Once the App Store opens to the OneDrive download page, click Get, then Install App.
- Enter your own personal Apple ID (This is a free download, and will not cost anything), then click Sign In.
- Once the installation is complete, the OneDrive app can be found in your Applications folder. Open OneDrive , and you will be prompted to set up you account.
- Enter your Scotch email in the prompted field (i.e. FirstName.LastName@scotch.wa.edu.au), then click Sign In.
- You will then be redirected to the PLCScotch sign in page, enter your Password, then click Sign In.
- On the following page click on Choose OneDrive Folder Location.
- Select a location for your OneDrive folder (i.e. Desktop), then click Choose this Location.
- If happy with you chosen location, select Next.
- Select all the files you wish to sync from your online OneDrive , then click Next.
- Finally, if you would like OneDrive to automatically sync when you login to your laptop, check Open at login so my files sync automatically (recommended if you regularly transfer files to and from the cloud). Click Open My OneDrive - PLCScotch Folder, then your OneDrive folder will open, and the set-up is complete.
- To easily find your OneDrive file, it is recommended that you Drag the OneDrive file from your Home folder into your Favorites Bar for easy navigation.