Q. How do I re-index Spotlight?
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Jan 22, 2020 Views: 19
If you are unable to search for past emails, you will need to re-index Spotlight. Please follow the steps below:
- Click on the Apple icon on the Top-Left of your screen and click on System Preferences.
- Click on Spotlight.
- Click on Privacy and click the + button.
- Navigate to your home folder, Select it and click Choose.
- Close System Preferences and wait for around 10 seconds. Return to the Privacy tab in the Spotlight area of System Preferences and select your Home folder and then click the - button.
- Spotlight will immediately begin to re-index the drive(s) you added and then removed. This may take 30+ minutes, however you can continue using your device as normal until it has finished.
- If this does not solve your problem, please visit the Tech Centre.