How do I turn on Apple text to speech?
Text to speech is a feature of iOS 10.12 and above that enables users to make their laptop read out selected text to listen to. To turn on this useful feature follow these steps.
- Open System Preferences .
- Go into the Accessibility settings.
- On the side menu select Speech .
- Tick Speak selected text when the key is pressed.
- You can change the buttons that you must press to enable Speech to text by pressing Change Key.
- You can speed up or slow down how fast the text is spoken using the Speaking Rate slider.
- You can change the voice that is used from the list of available voices in System Voice.
If you have any issues enabling this feature, feel free to drop past 1 Degree and a coach will be happy to help