Q. Why is instant alpha missing from Preview?
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Apr 03, 2019 Views: 404
If the file type of an image is anything other than a .PNG file type, then the Instant Alpha tool in Preview will not work. To enable the Instant Alpha function, please convert to a PNG by following the steps below:
- Open the file in Preview , and go to File and then click on Export.
- At this stage, there is the option to change the location and name of the file, you may wish to do this. Under Format, select PNG, and click Save.
- Open the New PNG file, and select the Toolbox Icon , and then select the Instant Alpha Icon .
- Place your mouse over the part of the image you wish to isolate/remove, and Click and Drag. As you drag, surrounding areas with similar colouring will become highlighted pink.
- Press the Delete Key to remove the highlighted areas. Repeat the process as necessary.