Q. How do I add my printer to my MacBook at home?
Answered By: Tish Martin Last Updated: Apr 10, 2019 Views: 0
In order to set up printing, scanning or copying at home, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the Apple Menu and select App Store.
- Select Updates and install any Software Updates listed.
- Turn on printer, and ensure no errors are displayed.
- Connect your printer.
- If using a USB Printer, connect by plugging the USB Cable into your computer. Note: if you see a message prompting you to download new software, please download and install it.
- If using a Wifi or Network Printer, ensure that both the computer and the printer are connected to the same network.
- Open System Preferences and select Printers & Scanners.
- Click on the Plus Symbol to add a printer.
- Select your printer from the list of nearby printers and click Add.
- If any issues arise, check the Printer Manual and/or the Manufacturers Website.