Q. How can I download Adobe Applications at PLC?
Previously, Adobe Applications were individually downloadable from Self Service. From 2019, we will instead be using the Adobe Creative Cloud Installer, which can be found on Self Service.
- Open Self Service and log in. Once in, either use the search bar in the top left-hand corner or the categories on the left-hand side of Self Service to navigate, and locate the application Adobe Creative Cloud Installer .
- Once you have found the application, press Install and wait for the program to download.
- Once this has downloaded either search in Spotlight for 'Adobe Creative Cloud', or alternatively locate it in Finder . Once you have found it, open the application.
- This will cause the application to load in the Dock, and then will close, and then the Adobe Creative Cloud icon will appear on the top right-hand side of your screen in the Menu Bar.
- Clicking on this icon will open a menu that will prompt you to log in. To use your Scotch or PLC account, click on the option that says 'Sign in with an Enterprise ID'.
- Enter your Scotch or PLC email into the box marked Email address or domain name.
- Then log in using your Scotch or PLC email, which should then automatically redirect you to a window with a PLCScotch Portal Login Page. Then log in using your school username and password.
- The app will then take sometime to download and update. Once this is finished, the icon will reappear in your menu bar, and now when you click on it, the full menu and range of options will be shown. This menu includes several options for using Adobe.
- Apps: from here you can find the full range of downloadable apps on Adobe
- Learn: this includes a range of tutorials to better teach how these apps can be used
- Files: Adobe has a built in Cloud system, where your files can be synced and accessed through multiple devices
- Fonts: from this point, you can access the wide range of specific fonts that Adobe has to offer across their apps
- Stock: Adobe Stock allows you to browse and use thousands of royalty-free images, graphics and videos.
- Bēhance: Adobe Bēhance is a built-in social platform for the sharing and viewing of artistic work created through Adobe
- From the Apps menu, you will be able to access and download the full range of Adobe apps from this menu. To download an app, under all apps, navigate to the application you wish to use, and press Install. Depending on the size of this application, this could take some time to install.
- Once this has finished installing, the application manager will send you a notification in the top right-hand corner of your screen to let you know. To access your new application, go back to the menu, and switch from 'All Apps' to 'Installed Apps'. There you will find all the applications you have downloaded. To open it, simply click 'Open'. This will then run the application as usual.
If you have any questions or issues with this process, please contact the Tech Centre.