Q. How do I update my Outlook settings to connect to Office 365?
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Oct 30, 2019 Views: 1470
Scotch is currently migrating all email to Office 365 and it may require you to change some settings on your Outlook . Over the next week, you may receive a message on Outlook asking you to reconfigure your settings.
If you are on Mac, follow these instructions.
- You may receive the following pop-up message on Outlook . First, select "Always use my response for this server" and then click Allow.
- Outlook will then probably send you another error, as shown below. Select No.
- Go to Outlook in your menu bar on the top left-hand corner of your screen and open Preferences.
- Click on the Accounts option in the first row.
- Update your User name to be the same as your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org for staff, email@example.com) and enter your Scotch password into the Password field.
- Next, select the Advanced button
- Beneath Microsoft Exchange, change the server address to:
- Click Ok and then close the Accounts dialog screen, this may then take you to a Scotch Sign-On Page. Log in to this using your Scotch Username and Password.
- To receive mail again, you may then have to quit and re-launch Outlook .