Q. How can I locate my Gen 1 Apple Pencil's serial number on my iPad?
You can find your Apple Pencil's serial number by following the instructions below.
NOTE: These instructions are for the first generation of Apple Pencils, i.e. those that are inserted into the bottom of the iPad. For instructions for second generation Apple Pencils (magnetic), please follow this link. You can see the difference between the two Apple Pencils in the photo below:
- Insert your Apple Pencil into your iPad, and open the Settings app.
- Select About at the top of the screen.
- Select Apple Pencil near the bottom of the screen.
- Your Apple Pencil's serial number will be displayed on this screen.
- Press the iPad's power button and home button at the same time to take a screenshot.
- You can find your screenshot in your Photos app any time you need to refer to your serial number.