Q. How can I locate my Gen 2 Apple Pencil's serial number on my iPad?
You can find your Apple Pencil's serial number by following the instructions below.
NOTE: These instructions are for the second generation of Apple Pencils, i.e. those that attach magnetically to the side of the iPad. For instructions for first generation Apple Pencils (inserted), please follow this link. You can see the difference between the two Apple Pencils in the photo below:
- Attach your Apple Pencil to your iPad, and open the Settings app.
- Select About at the top of the screen.
- Select Apple Pencil near the bottom of the screen. If you can't see this option, your Apple Pencil may not be properly attached. Follow the instructions found here and try again.
- Your Apple Pencil's serial number will be displayed on this screen.
- Press the iPad's power button and the top volume button at the same time to take a screenshot.
- You can find your screenshot in your Photos app any time you need to refer to your serial number.