How do I search and reserve a book in the Library?
- To search for whether or not the Library has a book you must first go into home.SCOTCH or home.PLC and click Library (Scotch) or Library & Innovation (PLC), under the ALL tab.
- Scotch Students will then need to select their corresponding year level.
- Then Click on Library Catalogue.
- Both PLC and Scotch Students will now have been redirected to this page, shown below. You will have to Login by clicking on the button in the top right corner of your screen.
- You may have been redirected to the page below. If so sign in using your UID and Password. If not, go to Step 5.
- Here you can search for a title, see your current loans, any reserves you may have, and an overdues. To search for a a keyword relating to a book, e.g. the author, title, series.
- When browsing yor search results, it is important to remember that a Green Tick indicates it is available in your library, a Red Cross indicates it is already on loan, and an Orange Tick indicates it is available in another library. The Fellowship of the Ring is already on loan, so we will reserve it. Click Select, next to the book you wish to reserve.
- If you have Selected a black box will appear around your book. Then simply click the reserve button, shown below by the red box.
- After clicking reserve the screen below will appear. Then simply click the Save icon on the right hand side and your book will be reserved.
If your book is not in our system, we do not have it. You can make a request for books via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. However, this is not a guarantee that we will buy it.