Q. How do I create an application icon on ask.PLCSCOTCH? [ILT]
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Jan 24, 2020 Views: 70
You will need to use Preview to make an application icon.
- Find the application you wish to make the icon for in the Applications Folder .
- Get the info for the application by going Command + I or selecting File > Get Info. Copy the icon in the top left corner (Command + C)
- Open Preview and select File > New from Clipboard (Command + N).
- The application icon should appear. Press Command + I to get the image size. Select the image that gives you 256 x 256 pixels and then select File > Save. Ensure that you are only saving the one image, not the entire collection that appears in the left-hand sidebar.
- Save the icon as Application_Name.png with underscores instead of spaces. Make sure that you save it as a PNG. Select Save.
- Once you have created the application icon, Add it to the relevant folder in LibApps.