Q. How do I upload Pictures, Video, or Audio to Gallery?
Gallery is the place where all media content for the school and it's events are uploaded. This can be Student/Staff specific. You can upload photos to Gallery by logging into the Gallery Website and uploading them through the form under Upload Resources under the My Contributions tab.
- To get to Gallery, go to home.SCOTCH or home.PLC and click on the Gallery icon.
- When you click on the Gallery icon, it will take you to a Login page. Enter your User ID (UID), and connected Password into the respective spaces, and then click Log In.
- After you have Logged In, you will be taken to the Gallery home page. Click on My Contributions, which is on the top part of the Menu.
- This will take you to the My Contributions page. Here, you want to click Upload Resources. This will take you to the form that you will fill out and upload your pictures through.
- Now we have the Upload Resources Form. When filling this out, you want to be as specific as possible, as well as giving us as much information and keywords about your photos/videos as you can. When you have filled out all the appropriate information, click Next.
Make sure you Add a Collection Name for your photos.
- After you hit next, you will be taken to the page where you can Upload your Resources. Drag the files that you want to Upload onto the grey box. Alternatively, you can press Add Photos which is at the bottom left of the box. PLEASE NOTE: Once a file has been uploaded it cannot be edited or deleted. Only library staff can edit and delete submissions, so please contact them if you require any assistance.
- Once you have dragged your files over, they will appear by File Name in the grey box. To start uploading your files, click on Start Upload. You will be able to see the process of the uploads under the Status column, which gives you the % of the file that's uploading currently. You must let the files Fully Disappear before you can assume that they are all uploaded. Videos may take Longer to disappear as they are generally larger files.
- Automatically, once your uploads have finished, you will be taken to an Overview page where you can see your files that you have uploaded. Once you have uploaded your files/resources, they will initially be in the Pending Submission Status. All photos uploaded must be approved by the School before they can be viewed by everyone, and usually this process is done within 24 hours.
- Your collection will then need to be Approved. After it has been approved, it will appear on Gallery. You can check the Collections tab, or the Recently Added tab, on the Home Page.