Why isn't my Sibelius working at home (Scotch)?
Sibelius is a piece of music composition software that can be downloaded from Self Service . It can be used on campus anytime, however in order to access the program from home you will need to issue yourself a license.
Follow these steps to issue the correct license:
- Open Self Service from your Applications folder.
- Click on the Scotch Music tab on the right hand side, or search for Sibelius then click the Sibelius Icon .
- Click on Install to install Sibelius .
- Once the installation has completed, open Sibelius from your Applications folder. Then click on the Help tab and select Check out License.
- You will then get a message asking how long to issue the license for. Confirm it for 30 Days.
- Enter your Password in the box that appears. Your name should already be in the Username field.
- Once the license is issued, you will get a Confirmation Message.
You will now be able to use Sibelius Off Campus for a 30 Day Period.