Q. How do I reduce a PDFs file size?
Reducing the file size of PDF documents is easy to do. You can use Preview by Exporting with a Reduced File Size or you can use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC by saving with a Reduced File Size.
The following instructions will demonstrate how to Reduce the File Size of your document through Preview .
- Click File then select Export.
- In the following dialog select the Format as PDF, then need to select the Quartz Filter option as Reduce File Size.
- Select Save. Please note, that once the file has been exported with a reduced file size, Previewwill either create a New Document or alternatively Replace your current document depending on whether you change the file name.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
The following instructions will show you how to Reduce File Size of your document through Adobe Acrobat Reader DC .
- In the top menu click File then select Save As.
- Ensure the Reduce File Size option is ticked, then click on the Choose a Different Folder button to select the location you wish to save the reduced version.