How do I reduce a PDFs file size?
Reducing the file size of PDF documents is easy to do. You can use Preview by Exporting with a Reduced File Size or you can use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC by saving with a Reduced File Size.
The following instructions will show you how to Reduce File Size of your document through Preview .
- In the top menu select File then select Export... in the drop down menu
- In the following dialog select the Format as PDF, you will then need to select the Quartz Filter option as Reduce File Size. Then select Save.
- Once you've exported the file with a reduced file size, Preview will create a New Document or alternatively Replace your current document if you do not change the file name.
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
The following instructions will show you how to Reduce File Size of your document through Adobe Acrobat Reader DC .
- In the top menu select File then select Save As... in the drop down menu
- Ensure the Reduce File Size option is ticked, then Click on the Choose a Different Folder button to Select the location to save the reduced version.