Q. How do Scotch process an inter-library loan from/to PLC? [ILT]
Answered By: Kate Flowers Last Updated: Jan 24, 2020 Views: 4
First, check the catalogue for the book's status.
Request an ILL (PLC -> Scotch):
- If the Book is Already Out on Loan - reserve the title so the staff member returning the book will get an on-screen alert and process the ILL.
- If the Book is 'in' - send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org including the title, classification (i.e. F TAY) and the name of the borrower. *NOTE - Ensure to Apply the Inter-Library Loan Label.
- A PLC staff member will be assigned the Desk task, and the book sent to the requesting Scotch library, usually with the bus.
- NOTE: PLC's policy is to check out the book to the requesting borrower. Bearing in mind the time taken to transport the book + wait time for the borrower to pick it up, the book may need to be renewed to give the boy the full two week period.
Process an ILL (Scotch -> PLC):
- Retrieve the book, tag it to clearly indicate the intended borrower, requesting officer and destination.
- Place the book in a Scotch>PLC satchel in the area designated for ILLs.
- Send the book with the bus to PLC at the first available opportunity.
Update and resolve Desk task.