How do I set up my email in Outlook?
Setting up your e-mail in Outlook is a fairly simple process. This FAQ is for users that do not have any e-mail accounts set up in their Outlook application at all.
With your application open:
- Navigate to Preferences by going to Outlook > Preferences as shown:
- Select the Accounts button.
- Click on Add Email Account.
- Enter your email in the box that appears, then select Continue.
- PLC Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLC Students - email@example.com
- Scotch Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scotch Students - email@example.com
- Select Exchange Account.
- Enter your details into the boxes that appear, then select Add Account.
- Email Address - As above
- Username (User ID) - Either your student number of staff login
- In the server field for Scotch type in webmail.scotch.wa.edu.au
- In the server field for PLC type in https://ex2013.plc.wa.edu.au/EWS/exchange.asmx
- Click Done to complete the set up of the account.
- Give Outlook a few minutes to populate your inbox and connect to the network. You will know your account has been successfully created when a Green Dot appears next to your Account Name.