Q. How do I make a Web Help Desk ticket? [ILT]
Answered By: Brad Tyrrell Last Updated: Jan 24, 2020 Views: 47
Web Help Desk (WHD) (also known as Service) is the asset management system used by the Tech Centre. You can create Tickets through the New Ticket button on the WHD home page.
- Log on to WHD . The URL for WHD is service.plc.wa.edu.au.
- Create a ticket by selecting New Ticket.
- Select a Client in the Client Info tab, you can do this by searching by First Name, Last Name or User Name (UID). You will need to click the Search button to search, then select the correct Client from the list that appears.
- Selecting the Client from the list will auto fill the Client Info correctly.
- In the Asset Info tab, select the correct Asset from the list of Assigned Assets, this will auto fill all the necessary fields with the correct information.
- In the Ticket Details tab, fill out all the Request Type information using the Drop Down boxes that appear (the number will change depending on the request type). Then fill in the Subject, and Request Details boxes with as much information as possible.
- The Subject should be relevant and succinct (i.e. Damaged Display)
- In the Request Details box you must include the following information:
- Any troubleshooting you have tried;
- If a loan has been issued;
- For damaged iPads or Laptop Damage over $300 (damaged display or water damage) you will need to include in the Request Details if Insurance papers provided to classroom teacher (iPad) or Student (Laptop) you will also need to provide the insurance forms to the relevant party.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Ticket Info page and click Save.
- Make sure your ticket has been saved correctly, it should come up with the Saved Successfully dialog. You will then have to assign the ticket using the Assigned Tech drop down box. If you're unsure who the correct Tech is leave this field Blank.